Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Week 2 - Not what you would expect!

I spent several days contemplating what I would photograph for my next entry. I had a great experience on Sunday, traveling to Nashville and attending the "Imaging, USA" conference and trade show for the Professional Photographers Association. I attended several Adobe classes and saw tons of mouth watering equipment and techniques in the Expo. Sunday night...back to reality.

The weather has been well below freezing for over a week. Lakes have been frozen, schools closed and all kinds of issues surrounding the weather. That is why I thought I would photograph some scenery out in the cold. I waited a little late in our deep freeze to shoot ice and snow as the temperature rose to around 33 degrees. I shot several lakes with Cold Duck(s), trees growing through the ice and the like. I wandered down Dug Gap road and thought of the local gentleman who keeps exotic animals. He has buffalo, zebra, emu, cow, goat, what he calls a "normal" horse, and my favorite, camels. Hence the photo of the friendly camel as he came over to visit us. The "cool" look of the photo was inspired by the cool weather. Let me know what you think. I like it!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool shot! I love the perspective on this

    ReplyDelete
  2. joey, it will be hard to top this one! and it is only week 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am behind in my viewing. The camel is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete