Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 3 - Colbyman

This week brings one of my favorite subjects into focus. My son Colby. Colby is an outdoorsy kind of guy. He loves all sports and loves to ride his bike. I have been reading and studying the Rembrandt lighting style and this is my loose interpretation. A master of this is Joel Grimes. If you have not checked out his work go to joelgrimes.com (no he is not paying me!). I have a long way to go in working with this style but to keep Colby's attention long enough to get a good shot is a task in itself. Please comment whether good or bad whenever you visit. I want to learn from my mistakes as well as hear if you like a photo. Keep smiling!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joey, I don't know what the Rembrandt style of lighting is, but this shot has attitude! Colby is all boy and this is expressed in his clothing, stance, expression, and background. I give it a thumbs up! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete